About the Management Team
Together, aviation finance entrepreneurs Tony Bergeron and Frédéric Larue offer true turnkey solutions. Leveraging their industry expertise, relationships and reputation – they will render the best solutions for:
Including: aircraft refinancing, debt consolidation, restructuring of troubled aircraft loans, payout and refinancing of loans from exiting lenders or redeployment of under utilized aircraft.
Including: needs analysis and market research to find the right aircraft and the optimal financing or leasing solutions.
LENDERS, LESSORS AND INVESTORS
Including: development & execution of aviation finance investment/divestment strategies and portfolio servicing.
- +1 514-316-3246 ext 101
- Managing Partner and Co-Founder of Echo Aviation Leasing Corporation
- Former Business Leader and Co-Founder of Element Aviation Finance
- Reached milestone of $2.5Bn and more than 200 aircraft in just over 4 years
- Awarded New Financier award at the 2014 International Corporate Jet & Helicopter Conference
- Acquired more than 20 years of commercial banking and equipment finance experience including 14 years with GE Capital Canada where he served as Senior Vice President, Aircraft Finance Group at GE Capital Canada from 2006 to 2011
- Doubled the size of GE Capital’s Canadian Aircraft portfolio up to $1.5Bn from 2006 to 2009
- Previously held various strategic positions at GE Capital Canada in the General Aviation, Transportation, Construction and Manufacturing industry segments
- Started his career at the National Bank of Canada, where he worked from 1990 to 1997
- Earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree (Economics) and a MBA from Laval University
- +1 514-316-3246 ext 102
- Partner and Co-Founder of Echo Aviation Leasing Corporation
- Senior Business Origination Executive at Element Aviation Finance from 2012 to 2016
- Originated and closed over $1 billion in financing and leasing transactions
- Strong expertise in general aviation led to the development of new markets: cargo aircraft, fractional ownership, and inventory financing
- Former Sales Leader at GE Capital Canada
- Managed national vendor finance programs in the Aviation, Transportation & Construction markets
- Originated and closed over $90 million of average annual volume
- Earned both a BA and a Master degree in Economics from Université de Montréal
For years Chartright has trusted Echo’s team members to provide consistently delivered advice and well considered transactions that are tailored to the specific needs of our clients. Their depth of experience has helped Chartright and its customers avoid the many pitfalls associated with the inherently complex process of structuring and funding aircraft transactions.
The competence demonstrated in the past by Echo’s management, their quick turnaround and flexibility to work around our timelines were key to many successful sales. Moreover, Echo’s management team have clearly demonstrated their in‐depth knowledge of our industry. Our company looks forward to our continued working relationship with Echo.
Echo’s management team has proven to be made up of true experts and a valuable aircraft financing resource. They have been involved in transactions with many of our customers, always doing whatever they need to do to close the best deals for each of them. Their extensive network of aviation experts, combined with their industry experience, set them apart. I have recommended them in the past, and will continue to do so.
I have dealt with Tony Bergeron and Frederic Larue during their tenure at their previous company. I deeply appreciate their level of engagement and professionalism. It is a delight to deal with such knowledgeable and enjoyable people. I look forward to the next time!
Our track record
2016 - to date
- Start-up of Echo Aviation Leasing Corporation.
- Placement Agent for global corporate jet financing transactions.
- Capital raise to resume direct funding operation.
2013 - 2016
- Closed the acquisition of a $243 million helicopter portfolio from GE Capital.
- New Financier Award from Corporate Jet Investor.
- Diversification in cargo aircraft and commercial aircraft engines, new business segments.
- Inception of a major Aircraft Inventory Finance Program with a world-class aircraft manufacturer and a leading aircraft resale firm.
- Reached milestone of $1.5 billion in originations and 200 aircraft (2014) and $2.5 billion in originations (2015).
2011 - 2012
- Team founds Element Aviation Finance, a division of Element Financial Corporation – focusing on large-ticket aviation finance transactions.
- $240 million of new business origination in the first year, including the acquisition of a $25 million leasing portfolio of full-flight simulation devices.
1997 - 2011
- Tony and Frédéric start at GE Capital Canada Equipment Finance, building expertise in equipment financing through increasing sales and growing managerial positions.
- Tony and Frédéric are promoted to GE Canada’s Corporate Aircraft Finance Division, respectively as Group Senior Vice President and Senior Sales Leader (2006).
- Doubled the size of GE’s Canadian aircraft portfolio up to $1.5 billion.
- Most profitable Vertical by GE Capital Canada (2007).